Friday, June 19, 2009

Braces, and Friday Flashback

Today is the day I go to get molds made for my Invisilign braces. AHHHH! I know....I am 27 years old and getting braces. My teeth are completely straight and spaced correctly, so why braces? When I was little I had an underbite. The dentist put me in a retainer that didn't fix the problem all the way, and left me with a bite where my front teeth touch (instead of the top teeth going over the bottom). It wasn't really a problem until I chipped one of my top teeth my senior year of highschool. No big deal, we thought, and just got the top teeth bonded to fix the chip. Jump to current. My jaw has been hurting off and on for years, and when I would ask various dentists' what they thought, none of them saw a problem. Meanwhile, I chipped my top tooth again and the bonding on my top teeth came off! I finally got fed up with the dentists' brushing off my concerns and went to see an orthodontist. As I said above, he said my teeth are straight, beautiful and spaced correctly. He said that I don't need braces, but that if I don't get them to fix my bite, I will eventually chip all my font teeth to the extent that I will need caps on them, and eventually chip the caps and need to replace those who knows how many times. That would end up costing WAY more than braces now would, so here we go. Having my bite fixed will also fix my jaw pain! I wish that someone would have told me this in high school when everyone had braces, but such is life.

I decided on Invisilign because quite honestly, I do not want normal braces at this age. I have always felt sorry for adults with braces, and now I am one! :) Matt agreed to play into my vanity with this subject and let me get Invisilign (thanks, honey!). So, braces, here I come!

Now for Friday Flashback!
June 2008 (I cannot believe that these were taken a year ago!!!!!)
Ducky tub!

Bucket hat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment