Thursday, June 11, 2009

Catching Up

I realize it's been awhile since I have posted anything. I haven't really felt like blogging recently. I am making myself catch up on things though, so here it goes!

On May 17, I "hosted" a big combined one year birthday party for the babies from the mommies group that I am in. We met at a park, the kiddos played, and we ate cupcakes. It was simple and fun. These are just a couple of picture from the party.
Bubble machine!

Cake face!



Riley making faces through his new beach ball. Silly boy!


Riley had his last swimming lesson May 21. He did pretty well during lessons as a whole. We are planning on enrolling him again next winter.

His teacher, Tiffany.


Memorial Day weekend was spent in the Springs with my family. It was a great weekend and time away from the norm! Riley and I went down to the Springs separately from Matt because he already had plans for Saturday night and he had to come back up to Loveland sooner than we did. We spent a lot of Saturday with my best friend, Julie! It had been WAY too long since I had seen her, so it was extra wonderful.
Us with Julie and Kevin!

Riley hanging out with Julie's mom, Teri. :)


Riley really misses his Nana, Duke and Aunt Kaylee! We don't get to see them as often as we'd like. He was so excited to see Duke, that he followed him EVERYWHERE! Duke sure loved that!


He also enjoyed dancing with Nana in the kitchen to Abba and Michael Jackson!


On Monday (Memorial Day), my family (Matt included at this point) and some great family friends went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (a WONDERFUL zoo, if you've never been there!) Riley had a lot of exciting 'firsts' that day! He got to:
Feed the giraffes'...




Ride a train...



Ride a carrousel... (*Note Matt's face in the second picture! The ride was FAST and they went around a lot! lol)




Growl and bark at the bears...


See gorillas up close and personal...


And try cotton candy!!


After all that, he was ready for a nap!

Before we left the next day, Riley and Duke went up and down the stairs many, MANY times :) What a game!


Enjoying the lake in Loveland.



My little froggy!


Riley's "I'm super excited" smile.


Sunscreen hair!


Fun at a local splash park!



After all the splash park fun, he PASSED OUT! :) I love the legs through the crib.


Well, that brings us through the end of May! I will do a June happenings post soon. Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. he looks so huge in the crib! don't you just love this age! it is soooo much fun to have them try everything! everyday we do somthing new. looks like you had a good may!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for catching up Emily! Fun to read and fun to see how big Riley is getting! You're such a beautiful mommy and I can see that you take great joy in your job!

    ReplyDelete