Thursday, July 29, 2010

New York!

Here I go, getting behind again! Better late than never, I suppose. As I mentioned in a previous post, June was super busy with lots of travel for me. The weekend after I got back from my two cousin weddings, Matt and I took our first "Just us and not the baby too" trip to NYC! Matt had an awards banquet to attend there for M&E, and we decided to make a little vacation out of it. We missed our Riley, but we had a lot of fun!

In the elevator of our AWESOME hotel.

The Obama condom guy....it was so odd, I just had to get a picture.

Eating Cochino (baby suckling pig)! It was DELICIOUS!


Matt and his beloved peanut M&Ms :)

When I went over by this police horse, he immediately started smelling my belly and didn't stop until I left. I was the only one he did that to. I don't know if he could smell that I was pregnant or what, but it was cute and interesting.

The obligatory Times Square picture...and no, we don't know why we are posing like a high school prom photo.

We went to see 'Banana Shpeel', which was a Cirque Du Soleil comedy show. It was really good! We had a great time.


World Trade site and their plans for the area.



The Seaport. (It was SOOOOOO hot the whole time we were there!)

The neatest building I saw there. It is constructed to look like it's twisting and turning on the way up.

In a Toy Story box (picture for Riley) :)

THE ball

Awards banquet night. We didn't win, but the nomination is huge in the business world. Next year, baby! (It was for the Stevie Awards, just in case you are wondering.)


They actually charged quite a bit for the awards banquet ticket, so we joked the whole time that the food better be amazing, and they better feed us some gold. Well, the food was not very good (we went out to eat afterwards), but we did get a little gold.....and a fingerprint! lol :)

2 comments:

  1. looks like such a fun trip! gotta love the "get away from kids time" i wish we could take a trip every month =)great pic's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I think you could probably send that dessert picture to cakewrecks. It's not a cake, but it's expensive and with a fingerprint in it? It's a wreck.
    I like your high school prom photo.

    ReplyDelete