Tuesday, August 23, 2011

July: Part 2: 4th of July

I am using the second post of July to finish our 4th of July festivities. For those of you who may be new to reading my infrequent blog postings and are wondering why I am so far behind, I explained it in this post. :)

Our town puts on quite the fireworks display every year. A lot of other cities in CO have stopped setting off fireworks for budget reasons, and I am thankful that ours is not one of those! I have always loved fireworks, and besides the noise, Riley loves them too. It's about a 40 minute walk from our house to the lake/park where they set off the fireworks, so the morning of, we drive one car down to the park, park it, walk down to the fireworks later that evening, then just pack everyone up and drive home...which takes awhile with all that traffic. Maybe next year we will just walk home too....but I digress. Here are the pictures!


We started walking at Hailey's bed time. She passed out on the walk and was looking so peaceful by the time we got to the park.

I thought that she would be out until the fireworks started, but as soon as we picked a spot, she was up and having a ball!! She was so excited! She kept clapping and saying, 'yeaaaaaa!', at all the people walking around. This girl loves crowds...always has. :)




Family picture!


Riley had a ball playing with any kid who was around and interested, swinging with Daddy at the park, and falling into the mud. :) He was filthy and loving it! Both kids liked the glow sticks, although we had a scare when Riley bit into one and we couldn't find the package to see if it was non-toxic. Meanwhile he was loving watching his glowing spit. HA! Such a boy (and by the way, they are non-toxic).






Hailey watches her first fireworks. I think we have a new fireworks fan in the family!


(No, that is not a bruise on my cheek. I drew a firwork on there. Corny, yes. Fun, yes.)

Riley watching the fireworks. Like I said, he isn't a huge fan of the noise.



I couldn't find the 'fireworks' setting on my camera in the dark, so these are the best I got.


And that was our fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment