RILEY
We went to the park a couple times. He loves the park and is getting more brave with what he will do without help. Sometimes that is scary for mommy (when he decides to climb really high, etc.), but most of the time it's fun to watch :) I suppose it serves me right, when I was little, my parents called me "monkey" for a reason, and I did some pretty crazy stuff!!!


This is Riley's new favorite way to watch TV upstairs in the morning when I am getting ready. :)

Speaking of getting ready, Riley LOVES LOVES LOVES to brush his teeth. "Teef! Teef! OK!" (while nodding vigorously), is his usual que for us to give him his toothbrush and let him bite on it for awhile before he lets us help brush his teeth.

Matt had to do double duty in the office for a couple weeks while our office manager was gone. We had lunch with Daddy in his office everyday, and Riley really enjoyed that!

Riley got a haircut! He looks studly :)

BASEMENT
Our shower got put in on the 15th. It's actually bigger and nicer than I thought it was going to be!!! Hurray for that!

We got the existing wall cut halfway down (on the 17th) so we can look into the living room from the stairs! LOVE IT!

After an inspection, we found out that there was a new law that said there had to be insulation in between the stairs and the outside wall. They had to take out our stairs, narrow them several inches, put insulation in (on the 23rd), and put the stairs back up. (The electrical is all done at this point too.)


Today, all the drywall went up! It was so strange to go down there and have it look like actual rooms! It was SUPER LOUD, but well worth it ;)
Looking downstairs:

Bedroom into the cute little archway/tiny hall/room seperating room into the bathroom (I love that arch/tiny hall/room!!!):

Living room:

Looking from the livingroom towards the stairs:

I mentioned before that I was having part of the storage room drywalled so that we have a little tornado room. Here is it!!! I love it! They have to do under the stairs, but I had them do the side of the stairs as well so it will be seperated from the storage stuff. (The wall part that says "no rock" on it, is the beginning of the storage room. There will be no extra door for under the stairs.):
Looks great, Emily! Riley is PRECIOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it! So great! People from all over the world have been forced to look at pictures of Riley now! Love you sis!
ReplyDeleteLove Riley's new haircut. He looks like such a little man now!! =)
ReplyDeleteYour new basement is coming along quite nicely!! I love those archways too!!
~ Jen