Monday, September 14, 2009

September...so far :)

September has been pretty busy so far. We are getting our basement finished, so it has also been LOUD! (More on that later.) Here are some pictures that we have taken recently.

This is my FAVORITE face that Riley makes! He knows it will make me laugh, so he does it to be silly. He puckers his face like this and sways his head side-to-side. It's really funny to see.



We went to a park to feed ducks...




We went for a walk around Lake Loveland...





Riley got to eat a favorite dinner of cheese, spaghetti-o's, and blueberries!!


Riley got cute new PJs!!



Max and Riley are still best buddies!


As I said, we are getting our basement finished. Before that could happen, Matt and I had to spend many hours going through EVERYTHING in the basement, getting rid of most of it, and consolidating what we had left into new boxes (it was really nice to purge a lot of stuff that we didn't need). We finally finished, and managed to fit everything into the small square the basement people told us we could use. We were pretty proud of ourselves!! Our storage area will be bigger than this, thank goodness! :)

This is a look at the (small) bathroom with the new plumbing installed!

This is the view from a wall of our family room to the wall that will be the storage room, and the hall.

This is from a wall of the family room looking at the bedroom and the closet for the water heater/furnace.

That is really all there is room for: a small bathroom, a bedroom, a family room, a storage room, a hall, and a closet for the furnace/water heater. We will also finish part of underneath the stairs so that we have a tornado shelter of sorts. The builder didn't make it easy to finish the basements in this neighborhood. They set them up strangly, and there is only so much you can do. It should turn out well though, and we are pretty excited!!! I am also excited for it to be done so naptime will not be interrupted anymore! :)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of the basement all done. It looks like it's gonna be fantastic!!

    BTW.... I LOVE your new FB profile pic. You guys are gorgeous!!!!

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed to see all these pictures! I've had such a sad day! They made me smile! I love you sister!

    ReplyDelete