Tuesday, January 26, 2010

More January

Is it just me, or has this month lasted FOREVER?! Matt and I are constantly commenting on how long the days/weeks are feeling. For example, this has been a very long week already.....it's only Tuesday. 'sigh'

Mr. Cool Dude (complete with vitamin drool)


Lately, if I ask Riley to hold my hand, and he doesn't want to, he says, "Mine. Hand," and holds his own. :)


Riley and I did an art project last week. On Sesame Street,Elmo was talking about art, and I figured it was a great time to break out the finger paints again! He was a little unsure of the texture at first, but ended up having a ball!



After we were done, we both needed a shower! He got paint everywhere, but it was an awesome time :)



The completed art!


Attempt at a picture with Riley (no worries, we were at a stop light)

Why the dress up clothes? Matt and I were headed to an awards banquet put on by the Loveland Chamber of Commerce for local outstanding businesses. M & E Painting was up for all 3 awards!!!! We didn't win this year, but it was the first year we were nominated, and people kept commenting that it was amazing that we were up for so many awards since we hadn't been in business as long as the other businesses there. Next year, baby! (I realize this picture looks really strange. I will play with the lighting on Photoshop when I have more time)


This last Saturday, Matt had a Jiu Jitsu competition in Denver. He placed third in no-gi, and fourth in gi! He did great! Riley was a trooper and was actually quite cuddly all day, which is not the norm for our very busy little two-year-old! I enjoyed it while I could. :)

With Daddy after his win!!!

So proud of Daddy! Wearing his medal.

Riley was clingy to Daddy all day, and would wrestle with Matt and sit on his feet anytime he was standing, and just wanted to be by Daddy all day in general!


Sunday, we noticed that our floor in the living room was wet. There was a water bottle in the area, so we figured that was the culprit. Not so. Later in the day, I was in the basement and heard dripping in the ceiling. Matt checked said carpet again and it was soaked. Turns out we had a leak in one of the pipes in the wall of our closet. Drama, drama. A plumber came out and thought the problem was with the drainage pipe coming from the top floor guest bathroom, but wasn't going to tear into it until the next day. All night we were thinking we had dirty water leaking.

Early Monday morning, another plumber and the restoration guys came out and tore into our wall..... more on this later. For now it's time for bed. Hummmm, I think I just discovered why this week has seemed SO LONG!

3 comments:

  1. Riley's getting so big!! And your formal pic is gorgeous!! Cute cute family. =)

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Love the blog baby. MUAH XOXOXO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I love your blog sister. It makes me a little sad to see how much Riley has grown since I've been away, but I'm glad that you have the blog so I can still feel like I'm a part. I love you!

    ReplyDelete