Little did I know the scope of work I was getting myself into! One big problem: We have textured walls, which make them VERY hard to draw on, much less paint a straight line, but I got it done. (Again I used the print it out and project it on the wall method...I can't free hand draw, people!)
Ninjas after 3 (yes, THREE) hours. (Not including the outlining on the walls!)
.jpg)
(F).jpg)
(F).jpg)
Ninjas after 6 (total) hours.
.jpg)
(F).jpg)
(F).jpg)
After about 8 (total) hours.

.jpg)
.jpg)
Keep in mind that I am huffing paint and standing about an inch or two from the wall at all times, while using a tiny paint brush on most of the area in order to get details! ARGH! Talk about wanting to pull my hair out! AND, I was only able to work on this at nap time and when he was in bed (in another room away from the paint, no worries!)!
I was origionally going to paint all kinds of stars (besides the throwing stars that the big ninja has) on the walls as well. Before I started painting, Matt suggested that I get the stars made in vinyl. I was totally annoyed at this, but agreed. After almost 9 hours of just painting ninjas, I could have kissed his feet for his suggestion!! :)
After more painting and the application of vinyl stars! (At least 1 to 2 hours of painting and star applying).
.jpg)

.jpg)
I am still not done! I need to outline the ninjas in black and paint sharp silver edges on the throwing stars, but after a couple days of being in his pack-and-play in another room, Riley started going up to his crib and trying to climb in. When we would move him into the other room, he would cry and say, "Bed! Bed!" That made me feel bad (and let's be honest, I was sick of painting too) so we rearranged his room and moved him back in! He loves his ninja room, and if you ask him to show it to you, he will with pride! :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Very cute paint job!! =)
ReplyDelete~ Jen
You are such a good mom, sister! The room is so beautiful! Also, Mom would be proud!
ReplyDeleteIt turned out really cute though!
ReplyDeleteI always hated those textured walls when I was painting murals.