Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our March madness

March has already come and gone....well, almost. I can't believe how fast this month has gone! Hailey turned 5 months old yeaterday, and is growing like a weed! Riley is going through another growth spurt, and is putting away so much food that I wonder what it will be like when he's a teenager. YIKES! :) Here is a recap of our March.

The kids started the month by finishing the ear infections they got at the end of February. Riley loved taking his 'bubblegum medicine', and proudly showed us how he could take it 'all by myself'.

Hailey turned 4 months old on the first of the month (since there was no Feb. 29th) and we marked the celebration by getting out Riley's old excersaucer for her to play with. I love the look on her face! :)




Riley loves that Hailey will touch and grab onto him now. He finds it halarious.

Matt, Riley and myself went to a Indian/Bollywood night to support CSU's study abroad programs. We got to eat really yummy Indian food, and dance Bollywood style after dinner. Riley actually tried everything, which shocked me, and eventually warmed up to dancing. The best part of the night: Riley has always been pretty shy around his Uncle Eric for some unknown reason. That night Uncle Eric spun him around tirelessly, much to Riley's profound joy, and now they are buds!


Dancing with Uncle Eric
Riley hit his face on the coffee table after making himself dizzy from spinning. :(

Love these pictures!


We went down to the Springs for the first time since Hailey was born. We went to celebrate my dad's birthday, and to meet a friend's newest arrival! Hailey did better than expected in the car, and we had a great visit!
Cuddles with Duke!

Riley "reads" 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See' to Nana, Duke, and Hailey

The birthday boy opens his presents

Cool dude

Pretty princess

Baby Byron. Look at those lips!!!!

Silly guy on the way home
Hailey tried rice cereal for the first time! I didn't feel that she was quite ready, but at her 4 month well-child-check, the doctor told me to start. She wasn't ready. After 3 days of her screaming during the brief feedings, I decided to stop for awhile. :)
What is going on? Why is everyone staring at me?

What is THIS?! What is happening!?!?

I am not thrilled.

Ok. The torture has stopped for now.

I look happy and pretty, but don't be fooled! I am about to scream!
Playtime!



I found an old dress of mine in storage, and HAD to break it out for Hailey. I am going to try to find a picture of me in this dress the next time I am in the Springs. She looked so stinkin' cute!




Riley went with Daddy to Denver and got to eat at The Rodizo Grill! What a treat!

Sticker head.


Making the face of what he thinks a sticker looks like. I laughed so hard when he made this face! He looks like there is about to be a big accident. LOL!


Hailey played in the Johnny Jump Up for the first time! She didn't like it as much as Riley did at her age, but she had a good time. She didn't like it if it bounced though. She preferred to stand still in it. :) Riley thought she was super funny.



I wanted to post this earlier, but just got around to doing it. Riley is Matt's little mini-me, and everyone says that Hailey is mine. Here is a picture of me as a baby and Hailey as a baby.

And just to prove that there is also a sibling similarity in looks...


We will end the post with a picture that Riley insisted I take. Every time Hailey rolls over, or puts her legs up, or anything really, Riley must make sure that I know that he can also do those things. :) He insisted that I had a picture of him putting his legs up just like Hailey!

No comments:

Post a Comment