Friday, October 24, 2008
The kindness of strangers
I was reading an article where people wrote in about the nicest thing that a stranger had ever done for them. It was very inspiring and made me start thinking about what my story about others would be. I think that the most recent random act of kindness that has been sent my way would have to have been when I was HUGELY pregnant and shopping at Wal Mart for more cleaning supplies. At this point I think I went there every day. I was in nesting mode, although I wouldn't admit it..."What are you talking about? I have just been waiting for the chance to empty out all the closets, dust the insides and reorganize them. What are you talking about? I have always wanted to take the bathroom vents off the ceiling and wash them off and dust the inside of the vent!" During this particular trip, the line was neverending because there were about 3 check-out lanes open for the whole store. It was hard for me to stand with the weight of my belly for long periods of time and I was getting pretty tired. A woman opened the check-out next to me and called me over. I bought my items, thanked her for opening a line and started to leave. She then closed the line! She had seen that I was exhausted and very pregnant and took the time out of her day when she was on break to open the line just for me! What would your story be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's a really sweet story! Very inspiring. I bet that article was awesome! Keep up the good blogging :)
ReplyDeleteI really liked the story! Happy Birthday Baby!!!
ReplyDeleteDad and Carrie