Monday, November 3, 2008

Riley's First Halloween

How fun is dressing up a little boy who doesn't have any idea what is going on, taking him to a costume party, then letting him answer the door with you for trick-or-treaters and watching his reaction? It's pretty darn fun!

This was Riley's first Halloween, and while I really hate this "holiday", I love the dressing up part of it....and the candy! :) Last year I was so excited to have a huge belly on Halloween that I "dressed" it up!


This year, Riley was Roo from Winnie The Pooh. My sister found the costume at a garage sale and we couldn't resist. The main reason being that we call Riley "Riley-Roo" and it was a Roo costume...get it? :) Anyway, he LOVED being dressed up and didn't even try to take the head part off! He was content to walk around all night like this. I think that he looks totally adorable!!!



The costume party we went to was for the mom's group I am in. An excuse for us to get together and see the babies in costume! They all looked adorable, but some weren't so happy about it.


After the party, we got a quick family photo at Grandma's house and went home to answer the many knocks on the door for candy. Riley really liked going to the door. When he heard a knock, he would run as fast as he could to get to the door before me! He is so funny :)


Our good friends/neighbors.


The only time his costume came off was for dinner and bed. At dinner I got a picture of the Halloween shirt he wore during the day.


Before bed, I put part of my costume on him and let him walk around for awhile. Daddy didn't like this at all because it was way to girlish for our boy!


But don't worry, Riley is a manly-man and didn't like it either :)

No comments:

Post a Comment