Sunday, December 28, 2008

A best friend, Santa, and Christmas' #1 and 2.

JULIE
It has been a long time since I saw my best friend, Julie, who lives in Ohio. Thankfully, she was out recently for Christmas with her family, so we stole her away for awhile :)

We spent a wonderful but too short time together enjoying eachothers company, but alas, it came time to say good-bye once again. Before we went our seperate ways, Julie (and Kevin, who wasn't there...missed you, Kevin!) gave Riley a set of drums that you play in the bath!

He loves his drums, but I did have to take the sticks away because he would run with them and fall. Scary! :) Now they really are just an awesome bath toy...until he gets older anyway. (And note the shirt!)



VISTING SANTA!!
We took Riley to see Santa for the frist time this year! As you can see, he was thrilled at meeting the big, jolly man.


CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS
Our first Christmas celebration took place at the Shoup house (my in-laws, not our Shoup house :)) I forgot my camera in the morning when all the actual present opening took place, but remembered it in the afternoon when we went back over for Christmas dinner. We had a great time with family!

Riley's awesome Christmas outfit.


Family picture


Great-Grandma Jones and Grandma Shoup play with Riley.


Grandma feeding Riley


Aunt Monica


Aunt Melissa


In between the morning at the Shoup house and the dinner at the Shoup house, we had our family Christmas at our Shoup house! :)

Our little boys


Checking out the tree!


My practical presents (hey, it may not be "fun" but it's what I asked for!)


Matt's (mainly Spain related) presents


With all the toys and books Riley got from the grandparents, aunts, and uncle, he chose to play with the chap stick from Matt's stocking for most of the day :)

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute Emily...seriously adorable! Can you believe how fast they are growing up?? The time just flies!

    Um, in response to your comment on our blog, I would say the thing that's helped me the most is working out A LOT (consistently and for a considerable amount of time each time) and just being really conscious of what I eat and how much I eat. Breastfeeding helped too but I think working out has made the biggest difference! I can give you more details if you want them...

    ReplyDelete