Well, I am behind with blogging....as usual! This has been a busy month! We started the month with a trip to Denver to see the Broadway show, Wicked! It was GREAT!!!
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
We moved Riley to a booster type seat so that he can sit like a big boy at the table.
.jpg)
As a belated birthday dinner for me, we went to The Melting Pot...our fave place to celebrate!
.jpg)
Then came my trip to MN and the boys alone time. They had an awesome time! :) Matt also had a Jiu Jitsu seminar with one of the Gracie brothers.
.jpg)

While I was gone, Riley decided that he likes to wear hats a lot of the time. It's very cute.
(fixed).jpg)

Loving on Max.
.jpg)
Taking a walk with Mommy.
.jpg)
Talking on the phone is one of his current favorite things to do. It's so cute! He says "A-no!" then paces (like Mommy) and babbles along! (He also likes to climb these days. That I do not encourage as much and took him off the table....after I got the picture, of course!)
.jpg)
Thanksgiving was wonderful. This year, we were at the Shoup household. I have no pictures.... :(
Riley's second birthday started with an apple cinnamon muffin, fresh out of the oven! He was so happy, but he wouldn't come near it until we took the candle out.
.jpg)
.jpg)
First present...a new Veggie Tales!!!
.jpg)
When Nana and Duke got to our house, it was time for another present. He loved it! (I love his face in the first picture!)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Then it was out to dinner at Rockbottom! Yummy.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
After dinner it was time for the special make-your-own-sunday dessert! Riley was in awe and kept saying with every bite, "Mmmmmm. Bit-day! Cream!" By this point of the night he had figured out the candle and was excited to try and blow it out....even after it was gone :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
After "cream", we went to see the huge tree (in the shopping complex) and ice skating rink! Riley loved the lights! (The tree pictures are for you, Kaylee.)
.jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
Then it was home for another present, which he loved.
.jpg)
The next evening was his b-day party! I decided the morning of the party to make the cakes completely from scratch, so I sent my dad and hubby to the store multiple times for things that I needed...sorry boys, I am usually much more prepared! :)
The cakes! I think I did a pretty dang good job, if I do say so myself!
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
Riley and his girlfriend, Kaylee. (She's one...he's robbing the cradle!) ;)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
Presents....and boy, were there a lot of them!
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
Cake! (He was SO excited about his cakes! For 3 days prior to the party, he kept saying, "Elmo, Cookie cake!" He knew that Mommy was making him two special cakes!)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
Someone is partied out!
.jpg)
**A very special and heartfelt "THANK YOU" to Matt, Carrie and Dad who helped me pull everything together for the party!!!!!!!
The next morning, Riley woke up early and ready to play with all those new toys!! I love the face in the first one...it pretty much sums it up. :)
(fixed).jpg)

(fixed).jpg)
That night he went to Grandma and Grandpa's house where another toy was waiting! It was a huge hit!
(fixed).jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
Matt and I decided to take Riley bowling. This was the second time for him and the last for a long time. This time, he loved the bowling, but did NOT appreciate that we took turns. He screamed and threw a fit at the top of his lungs every time Matt or I tried to bowl. Even when we let him use our turns, he would throw a fit to prove his two-year-old point. Sigh...... However, he did end up getting the only strikes of the night! (Yes, I know that our scores are horrible, but #1 We never bowl, and #2 We had a screaming toddler that was a little distracting.)

.jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
Yes, he is beautiful, isn't he?!
.jpg)
(fixed).jpg)
.jpg)

Our house! (Another picture for you, Kaylee.) BTW: I put up the lights. :)
Sister! I loved this blog! So many wonderful pictures and the stories! Thank you so much! This made my day!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this kid! I crack up at Riley's pics, Ems. Loved the one where he is examining his first gift in his diapers...just like a real man. And the story about bowling was hysterical. Love this kid! Makes me excited for Gus to grow:)
ReplyDelete