Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Time with family

My Uncle Charlie (my mom's brother) passed away early the morning of November 5th. The funeral was held on the 14th, and my dad and I decided to go together. It was the first time I was away from Riley for more than a couple hours since he was born! It was a great time with my dad, a great break from the boys, and a great time with my family despite the sad reason that we gathered. Here are some pictures! (Please excuse the quality of the pictures taken inside the church. The walls were an aweful color for pictures and combine that with fluorescent lighting, and you can only fix so much in photoshop!)

My dad and me in the car in the IKEA parking lot! GREAT STOP! I cannot wait until they build the one in Denver!!!!!

My male cousins (Grant, Jeremy, Dalton, Marshall, and Garret) and one unknown guy, carrying the casket.

My cousin, Jeremy, with his fiancee, Faith, and their super cute son, Carson!

Grant devours his 4th or 5th helping of "green stuff". :)

Most of the cousins on the Wall side of the family....yes, I know, big family! I LOVE IT! (From L to R: Stacey, Brooke, Erica, me, Dalton, Marshall, Gretchen, Mark, Jeremy, and Grant. We were missing Kaylee and Garret.)

Me and Uncle Dean.

Dad and me.

My cousin, Stacey's 2 month old daughter, Hannah!

My cousin, Dalton, and his girlfriend, Nadeen.

A super strange picture of what is left of the family now that my mom and uncle are gone. (L to R, Top to Bottom: Byron, Grandpa, Curt, Grnadma, Dean)

Grant and me.

Marshall and me.

Grandma and me.

Grant eating even MORE "green stuff"! :)

Grandma and Grandpa Earll (Dad's parents).

Dad and his parents!

Dad and me at the Mall of America!

On the plane home.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. You are so right about how weird the picture of the uncles and Grandma and Grandpa looks. You make good self-portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures and the narrative. What a great time with Dad and family. Love, Dad and Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they building an IKEA in Denver? I sure hope you aren't teasing me!! ;)

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete