Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Second Half of August

Alright! I'm back from a great cruise and can't wait to post the pictures! First to get caught up on the rest of August and September!

Hailey and I play a fun game when I get her up from her nap. I hide my head below the crib line and she comes to find me. Her face is adorable, and I was able to capture it! :)

Riley playing in a makeshift tent.


He loved his tent so much, that Matt got out the real tent and set it up in the living room.



"Who IS that beautiful baby I see in the dishwasher?!"

Owie. :(


Yummy!


Hailey loves to watch Max when he is outside. :)


I interrupt the cute kid pictures to bore you with a project I did. I picked up 3 mirrors for a big project I have in mind for the master bathroom. This is what they origionally looked like...

Brown-ish and red...
Then I added these...
First painting the mirrors dark brown, then adding the crackle finish.
...and ended up with this.


The goal was to make the mirrors look a little antique-ish and old-timey. It didn't work as perfectly as the idea in my head, but I like them!
More on that project as I have time to do it. For now, back to the adorable kids! Hailey loves to hold onto Riley's chair and watch him eat.

Pool time!


She loves her float.
Cute sleepers <3


Loving the bath!

Matt had to leave town for a couple days for business. While he was gone, we had some totally unwanted visitors come to our house.

This big guy was right outside our back sliding door.

There were 3 in this pile.

One of the 3 that were in the grass.
Thankfully, my neighbor was home, along with his father-in-law, and they were able to kill all 4 prairie rattlers. Talk about the heebie jeebies!

Spencer with some of the spoils of war! He was so excited to have 4 rattles. :)
We started having a deck built!

One of my shadows watching from the window. :)

Making sure the guys are doing their job.

Starting to take shape

Watching the sun tea. :)
Hailey and her boyfriend, Kash!


Daddy sharing some of his ice cream! I think it's a huge hit!


New silly face. He is so funny!


"There is that baby again! Seriously, who is that? She is so cute!"


Another makeshift tent.


Riding the train with Kaylee and Kash!

I  LOVE this picture!





The engineer let him ring the bell! :)
Riley had been saving/making some money for his "train fund". I found a great deal in a magazine for 12 small Thomas trains, a playmat, and a book for $9. I told him that he had enough money to buy it, or he could wait and buy one bigger train with his money. He decided to get the 12 smaller trains, smart boy, and waited so patiently for them to come in the mail. I cannot even describe to you how proud and excited he was to get his new train set!

No comments:

Post a Comment