Thursday, February 5, 2009

Catching Up

I have been trying to think of a new blog. There isn't much happening at the moment, so I thought I would fill people (if anyone reads these!) in on Riley's recent activities since, let's face it, he is my life! :)

First of all, he is very into "reading" these days! He will get his books and turn the pages over and over, or feel the textures, or even kiss the book. Very cute. I love to read, so I hope this turns into a love of books for him as well. He doesn't like us to read the words yet, as right now that seems to be a waste of time to him, but we are allowed to point out colors, Elmo, and Bob and Larry (Veggie Tales). :)





We did our first artwork project recently! I can't wait until that happens more regularly. I got him fingerpaints and let him go at it. He mainly just liked the texture on his hands, but once he got going he really seemed to like it. Matt needed a touch of Riley artwork for his new office!


Riley decided to start smiling in a different way than the previous norm. It is wonderful and he knows it. It makes everyone who sees it melt...maybe it's a superpower that he is developing. It is too cute for words. He shrugs one (sometimes both) sholders up and tilts his head down like he is shy and this is pretty much what you get...


Riley has proven over and over that he is ALL BOY! A recent proof: We had some guys over to watch the UFC fight. Once all the guys settled in the living room with their bottles of beer or soda, chips and pizza, Riley (completely unprompted) grabbed his sippy cup with milk and put himself right in the mix. Eating chips, taking bites of Daddy's pizza, and swigging his drink. It was pretty funny! :)



Along UFC lines, Riley and Matt got to meet Royler Gracie recently when Royler did a seminar at Matt's Jiu Jitsu place! Royler loved Riley and just had to get a picture on his own camera of him and Riley together! Of course I made them pose again so I could get a picture. Matt also got a photo.



Lastly, my boys love me, which is so wonderful. The town we live in has a Valentine's tradition where you can buy a giant red heart with something written on it that they put on a lightpost somewhere in town. It's pretty awesome, and this year my boys got me one!!! (Thank you honey, I love it!)

4 comments:

  1. tell me sbout it, all i can think to write about is josie..... thats ok i don't think anyone really reads mine anyway, so it's more for me to practice my typing skills! ha ha it's good for us to brag our kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that heart is so sweet! what a neat thing your town does. and so sweet of your hubby to get you one. he's a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Riley is an EXCELLENT artist! Great use of color. (It's honestly way better than a lot of the art I saw on the Denver Art Walk last night).
    And, yes, the heart is super cute- I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww!! Your boys are awesome!! =)

    ~ Jen

    ReplyDelete